Monday 11 December 2017

ADVENT GIFT - Play

EVENING WAVES one Finger drawing by Sea Dean www.artfinder.com/sea-dean

WHO NEEDS BRUSHES WHEN YOU HAVE YOUR FINGERS

This was a post from cyber friend Marion Hedger in Provence. She does beautiful work, and also shares interesting subjects. I have finger painted and sold those paintings, and it mystifies me why I don't do more. I don't like the mess, but wearing disposable. surgical type gloves and working fast is the way to go, so you dont have to remove them till finished.

I call my digital work “One Finger Drawing”, so I suppose in a way that is a form of finger painting. It certainly feels much more playful than ordinary painting.

Go on, I dare you, roll up your sleeves and get your hands (fingers) dirty:)

Must do more!

And play is one of the reasons I love making sculptures. There is something about getting your hands dirty and using some muscle. I was pleased that Artfinder has placed my sculpture NEST FOR TWO in their small sculpture collection. https://www.artfinder.com/staff-picks/small-sculptures/?page=2#/!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.